SMCC - Coffee Shop / Bus Stop Project DUE MAY 13, 2013
Located on; the existing bus stop leaves something to be desired. With
You will need to consider a variety of elements, such as-
-View and site line for those waiting for the bus.
-Surrounding buildings and vegetation
-Traffic flow at entrance and exits; also circulation in coffee areas.
- Equipment and storage to run a small coffee shop.
-Seating arrangements, will fixed or movable seating be more appropriate.
To begin - Branding create a logo and name to be carried through the process.
- research and collect data on coffee/bus stops, ie. what equipment and furnishings are needed
-create a concept that will support your design decisions. retain any images that inspire you and support your concept
-create bubble diagrams to layout schematics of the space.
-create a drawing of the front facade, will your building emulate the details on the surrounding buildings, or stand out with its own defining elements.
Once the schematic design has been approved –
-create a rendered floor plan, elevations, and furniture plan to scale.
- research and collect images of furnishings that will be used.
- research and select appropriate finishes for your space, all spaces will be considered – ceilings, walls, floors
- create a finish board; include any lighting or signage ideas.
Drawings to include- (may be done by hand or on the computer)
Floor Plan – ¼” = 1’-0”
Floor Pattern Plan
Interior Elevations - ½”=1’-0”
Bring to each class
Conceptual images, research, and ideas
Roll of trace paper
Architectural scale ruler
helpful hints and websites......
read my blog the design process